1. What types of films can I expect to see at the Festival?
The Colorado Environmental Film Festival is a celebration of the inspirational, educational, and motivational power of film.
The CEFF includes local and national feature length and short films for all ages, thought-provoking dialogue, festival celebrations for both filmmakers and audience members, children’s films, a filmmaker forum, and information from a variety of environmental groups. The festival presents informative and entertaining films that explore interconnected ecological, social, and economic themes. Audiences have the opportunity to be more than passive viewers – they will leave inspired, surprised, motivated, entertained, and transformed.
2. When is the next Colorado Environmental Film Festival?
The 11th Annual CEFF will run from February 23, 2017 thru February 25, 2017.
3. What is your contact information?
Submission FAQs and Answers
1. For what kinds of films is CEFF searching?
Our mission, to celebrate the power of film to inspire, educate, and motivate audiences on environmental topics, is an excellent starting point in considering if your film is relevant for CEFF. Films most likely to be selected will fit with our mission. Films should cover environmental topics, but can certainly overlap with social, economic, spiritual, or other themes. We do not limit the films chosen to ones that, to us, have the right answers. It is more important that the films are thought-provoking. This is an open forum designed to inspire awareness and action on a myriad of worldwide environmental topics. The quality of the film production will also be considered and weighed. All genres, including documentaries, narratives, shoEmail: rts, children’s films, and experimental films are all welcome and will be given equal consideration.
2. Are there particular film lengths that are most likely to be selected?
No. We are mostly concerned with the content and quality of the film. We will adjust our viewing schedule to accommodate different lengths of films, though some films may be “blocked” together for viewing. If you have multiple versions of your film with different durations, please let us know.
3. I am just starting off in filmmaking and have an amateur film I would like to submit-does it have any chance?
All films are given equal weighting in the review process. We encourage you to submit any project that meets our mission (see FAQ #2).
4. Can I submit more than one film?
Yes. The fee remains the same for each film.
5. Do you accept foreign film submissions?
Most definitely! We encourage a global forum for environmental discussions through the inspiration of films from around the world. If the film is in a language other than English, subtitles in English are required. Please be aware that we need to screen films in NTSC region 0 or 1. If that is not possible, please contact us to see if special arrangements can be made.
6. In what format should I send the review copy of the film?
Colorado Environmental Film Festival prefers online entries submitted via Withoutabox.com, which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. Withoutabox’s internet-only submission platform features online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, press kits, and the option to use Secure Online Screeners, an economical, eco-friendly, and secure alternative to traditional hard-copy DVD submissions.
You may also submit your film through another online format with appropriate login/passcodes sent to the review committee through WAB.
7. If accepted, in what format should I send the film for the festival?
We encourage you to send in the best quality format you are able, preferably DVDs. Keep in mind that all projection will be done in NTSC, your film must have English subtitles if it is not in English, and, in order to offer the highest quality presentation experience for our audiences, should not be in VHS (special exceptions may be made, please contact us for further information). Please review your high-quality film before sending it to us to ensure that the video and audio quality are at their best. If burning your own DVD, please be sure to test it in a non-computer DVD player before sending it to us. If you are having problems, please contact us.
8. What categories of film do you show?
- Local Films/Filmmakers Films about Colorado or produced by Colorado filmmakers that explore interconnected ecological, social, and economic themes.
- Short Films Moderately short films that explore interconnected ecological, social, and economic themes.
- Feature Films Feature-length films (narrative or non-narrative) that explore interconnected ecological, social, and economic themes.
- Ultra Shorts Very short films (19 minutes or under) that explore interconnected ecological, social, and economic themes.
- Youth Submissions For Youths in Grades 6 – 12, any length film.
9. What are the benefits of submitting my film to the Colorado Environmental Film Festival?
Your film will be screened by a diverse group of people who understand the importance and value of environmental film making.
- Your film will be considered for a festival award, including the Best of Festival award, the Best Short award, the Best Feature award, and the Spirit of Activism/Local Colorado award.
- You will be able to market your film with the Colorado Environmental Film Festival official selection and, if selected for an award, an award logo (which will be made available at a later date).
- Your film will be considered by the many specialty distributors that attend our festival looking for new films.
- You will receive (2) Free Festival Passes to the festival (for you and one guest).
- VIP treatment: You will be met on arrival, introduced at your film’s screening, and have a chance to take Q&As at the screening or to talk about your work (time allowing).
- You will receive free admission to all festival related events.
- You may sell copies of your film at the festival at a pre-designated CEFF booth and at your screening (20 copy limit).
- Some forums and parallel discussion-related programs are in development in which you may be invited to participate.
- Your film will be considered for the CO Env Film Fest touring package (CEFF Caravan) offered to local Colorado communities each year.
- Golden, CO is a wonderful place to visit and filmmakers the world over enjoy the equal proximity of the Rocky Mountains and the amenities of both Golden and nearby Denver and Boulder.
How to be involved
1. Can my organization sponsor the event?
Yes, we have a number of exciting sponsorship opportunities. Become a part of our unique and expanding event, share your organizations’s mission, gain increased exposure for your support of environmental awareness and connect with audiences from Golden, Denver, Boulder and beyond.
Download our 2017 Sponsorship Packet here.
Download the form to become a CEFF sponsor here. (pdf)
Download the form to become a CEFF sponsor here. (word)
2. Do you need volunteers?
CEFF is primarily an event run by volunteers! We would love to help you get involved either in the planning process or simply volunteering during the event. More information about volunteering can be found HERE
Still need help? Please contact us at email@example.com