Environmental Photography Exhibition
Enjoy the 2018 Exhibition at the American Mountaineering Center during business hours February 22-April 27, 2018.
The Environmental Photography Exhibition and Reception have become a much anticipated part of the annual film festival. Entries are received and judged each year, with the winners displayed at the American Mountaineering Center during the festival and throughout the spring. Each year, the selected images are seen by regional, national and international audiences of collectors, curators, writers, and others from the environmental community.
- Submission Deadline: November 15, 2017
- Opening Reception: February 23, 2018 – The reception for the photography exhibition happens on Friday night with a keynote address and reception without charge. Complimentary drinks and appetizers are served.
- Exhibition closes: April 27, 2018
Photographers from all regions and working in all styles and processes are encouraged to enter. The show is seeking a variety of photographic images ranging in style and technique from avant-garde to traditional. This diversity symbolizes the different world communities that need to come together to overcome today’s daunting environmental challenges. The common theme of the exhibition is the images’ ability to inform, motivate or passionately move its viewer. This year there are two divisions: Adults (19 and older), and Youth (under 19).
- A single winner in each division will win Best of Show and receive a $250 cash award.
- Two Juror’s Awards will be awarded as well (no monetary award).
- This year, the exhibition will be juried by Kerry Koepping, Director of Arctic Arts Project from Boulder, Colorado.
Best in Show: House With a View by Abby Hepner
Juror’s Choice: Road 11 Abandoned Ditch Number 2 by Eric Havelock-Bailie
See winners from the 2017 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2016 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2015 photography exhibition here.
Promotional video from the 2015 exhibition:
See posters and information about previous photography exhibitions click here.