Environmental Photography Exhibition
Enjoy the 2018 Exhibition at the American Mountaineering Center during business hours February 22-April 27, 2018.
The Environmental Photography Exhibition and Reception have become a much anticipated part of the annual film festival. Entries are received and judged each year, with the winners displayed at the American Mountaineering Center during the festival and throughout the spring. Each year, the selected images are seen by regional, national and international audiences of collectors, curators, writers, and others from the environmental community.
- Opening Reception: February 23, 2018 – The free reception for the photography exhibition happened on Friday night with a keynote address entitled “Pretty Pictures Are Just Not Enough” by Kerry Koepping, Director of Arctic Arts Project Project. Complimentary drinks and appetizers were served.
- This year, the exhibition was juried by Kerry Koepping, Director of Arctic Arts Project from Boulder, Colorado.
- Exhibition closes: April 27, 2018
2018 Youth Division 1st Place – Perspective (Eli Boardman)
2018 Adult Division 1st place (Peace in Motion – Stephen Andrews)
Download a high resolution pdf file of the 2018 Environmental Photography Exhibition poster.
To download the poster pdf click here.
Photographers from all regions and working in all styles and processes are encouraged to enter. The show is seeking a variety of photographic images ranging in style and technique from avant-garde to traditional. This diversity symbolizes the different world communities that need to come together to overcome today’s daunting environmental challenges. The common theme of the exhibition is the images’ ability to inform, motivate or passionately move its viewer. This year there are two divisions: Adults (19 and older), and Youth (under 19).
Submission Deadline for the 2019 Photography Exhibition is November 15, 2018. (subject to change)
- A single winner in each division will win Best of Show and receive a $250 cash award.
- Two Juror’s Awards will be awarded as well (no monetary award).
More details will be posted about the 2019 Photography Exhibition as we begin planning the 2019 festival.
See winners from the 2018 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2017 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2016 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2015 photography exhibition here.
Promotional video from the 2015 exhibition: