Environmental Photography Exhibition
The Environmental Photography Exhibition and Reception have become a much anticipated part of the annual film festival. Entries are received and judged each year, with the winners displayed at the American Mountaineering Center during the festival and throughout the spring. Each year, the selected images are seen by regional, national and international audiences of collectors, curators, writers, and others from the environmental community.
Call for Entries is now closed for the 2017 Exhibition
- Submission Deadline Extended: January 16, 2017
- Opening Reception: February 24, 2017 – The reception for the photography exhibition happens on Friday night with a keynote address and reception without charge. Complimentary drinks and appetizers are served.
- Exhibition closes: May 1, 2017
Call for Entries is now closed for the 2017 Exhibition: Photographers from all regions and working in all styles and processes are encouraged to enter. The show is seeking a variety of photographic images ranging in style and technique from avant-garde to traditional. This diversity symbolizes the different world communities that need to come together to overcome today’s daunting environmental challenges. The common theme of the exhibition is the images’ ability to inform, motivate or passionately move its viewer. This year there are two divisions: Adults (19 and older), and Youth (under 19).
- A single winner in each division will win Best of Show and receive a $250 cash award.
- This year, the exhibition will be juried by Eric Paddock, Curator of Photography at the Denver Art Museum in Denver, Colorado.
Promotional video from the 2015 exhibition:
See posters and information about previous photography exhibitions click here.