The Environmental Photography Exhibition and Reception have become a much anticipated part of the annual film festival. Entries are received and judged each year, with the winners displayed at the American Mountaineering Center during the festival and throughout the spring. Each year, the selected images are seen by regional, national and international audiences of collectors, curators, writers, and others from the environmental community.
- Call for Entries deadline: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- Notification Date: Friday, November 20, 2018
- Physical Delivery Date Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
- Opening Reception: February 22, 2019, 5:30-7:30pm with Keynote speaker (6:30-7:15pm)
- Exhibition Open at American Mountaineering Center: February 22-April 26, 2019
Photographers from all regions and working in all styles and processes are encouraged to enter. The show seeks a variety of photographic images ranging in style and technique from avant-garde to traditional. This diversity symbolizes the different world communities that need to come together to overcome today’s daunting environmental challenges. The common theme of the exhibition is the images’ ability to inform, motivate or passionately move its viewer. This year there are two divisions: Adults (19 and older), and Youth (under 19).
- A single winner in each division will win Best of Show and receive a cash award.
- Two Juror’s Awards will be awarded as well (no monetary award).
2018 Youth Division 1st Place – Perspective (Eli Boardman)
2018 Adult Division 1st place (Peace in Motion – Stephen Andrews)
See winners from the 2018 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2017 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2016 photography exhibition here.
See winners from the 2015 photography exhibition here.
Promotional video from the 2015 exhibition: